do not trust people who get excited about halloween they may in fact be skeletons
honestly i live for how josh ramsay looks at award shows
i mean really
look at how fucking spiffy he gets
looK AT HOW CUTE HE IS IN SUITS AND DRESSY CLOTHES
OR IN NOT-AS DRESSY CLOTHES
I CAN’T GET OVER THIS PHENOMENON
EVEN WHEN HE’S MAKING STUPID FACES
AND WHILE WE’RE AT IT CAN I THROW IN THE REST OF THE BAND BECAUSE THIS PHOTO IS MY FAVOURITE THING OF ALL TIME
LOOK AT THEM
Preview of an upcoming outfit (probably).
This is my new fav combo. Getting more courage to ditch the high waisteds with crops. Pray for me.
I think we could all use a tiny kitten on our screens from time to time.
Reblogging for tags alone
Let me talk to you about books.
Specifically, one book. This book.
This book should be a best seller. This book should be required reading for graduating from high school. Before you get that diploma, you read this book.
This book deals with debunking “Neurosexism,” which is a very fancy term for all of that evolutionary psychology bullshit that people spill about those “brain differences” between boys and girls.
This book debunks such myths as:
- Boys are better at math than girls
- Women make crappy lawyers/business CEOs/etc, as their brains are not cut out for aggression.
- Men make crappy counselors/primary school teachers/primary parents/etc, as their brains are not cut out for empathy.
- MEN ARE BUILT FOR GOING OUT AND HUNTING WHILE WOMEN ARE BUILT FOR STAYING HOME AND BABYMAKING IT’S NOT SEXISM IT’S JUST BIOLOGY
- And many other such myths.
Furthermore, this book covers topics such as:
- Neurosexism and gender perceptions in multiple races (as this is not a singularly white experience, just as the western world isn’t a singularly white experience)
- Sex discrimination in the workplace, and how women are (or, more often, are not) allowed to behave
- How science is used (badly) to support many of these claims
- Experiences of trans people, both through interviews and empirical studies.
AND FINALLY - It is all brilliantly researched, cited, compiled - and it’s easy to read! Cordelia Fine actually manages to be funny while writing this, which I think is important, because it makes all of this information infinitely accessible.
Delusions of Gender has reinforced what Oberlin taught me: The gender binary is stupid and arbitrary, and dangerous. And it is a self-perpetuating bias that needs to be addressed to be overcome.
So adding this to my to-read list.
Reblogging to read later!
I heard a story about a guy whose plane took off from LA on Christmas Eve, and touched down in Japan the next morning on the 26th. Christmas was eaten by the time differences.
I dearly wish that people would view their bodies as they view flowers…
Skin patches? Birthmarks?
Scars? Stretch marks?
Freckles? Moles? Acne scars?
Missing a few pieces?
handsome as ever~
Feel like you just look weird?
you’re fantastic looking~
This is awesome.
I spend so much time alone that if I was ever falsely accused for a crime I would never have an alibiOfficer, my internet history will prove I was reading gay porn at the time of the murder